||LI—LIMITED INDUSTRIAL DISTRICT Sec. 36-508. - Purpose.
This district is composed of those areas of the township whose principal use is or ought to be light manufacturing and other limited industrial uses. These uses generate a minimum of noise, glare, odor, dust, vibration, air and water pollutants, fire, explosive and radioactive hazards, and other harmful or obnoxious matter. This district has been located within the township to permit the development of these industrial uses, to protect adjacent agricultural, residential and commercial areas against the encroachment of incompatible uses, and to lessen congestion on public streets and highways. To these ends, certain uses which would function more effectively in other districts and would interfere with the operation of these industrial activities and the purpose of this district have been excluded.
(Ord. of 7-22-2013, § 40.01)
Sec. 36-509. - Permitted uses.
The following buildings and structures, and uses of parcels, lots, buildings and structures, are permitted in this district; provided that materials and equipment to be used in the principal business and products resulting from the principal business shall be stored within a completely enclosed building. Such products, materials, and equipment may be stored outdoors if a conditional use permit therefor is obtained in accordance with this chapter.
(1) Research oriented and light industrial park uses.
(2) The manufacturing, compounding, process, or treatment of such products as bakery goods, candy, cosmetics, dairy products, food products, perfumes, pharmaceutical toiletries, and frozen food lockers.
(3) Assembly of merchandise such as electrical appliances, electronic or precision instruments and articles of similar nature.
(4) Packaging of previously prepared materials, but not including the bailing of discards, old iron or other metal, wood, lumber, glass, paper, rags, cloth or other similar materials; recycling centers.
(5) Printing, lithographic, blueprinting and similar uses.
(6) Warehousing and material distribution centers; provided all products and materials are enclosed within a building.
(7) Light manufacturing industrial uses which by the nature of the materials, equipment and processes utilized are to a considerable extent clean, quiet and free from any objectionable or dangerous nuisance or hazard, including any of the following goods or materials: drugs; jewelry; musical instruments; sporting goods; glass products; small household appliances; electronic products; printed matter; baked and dairy products; advertising displays; tents and awnings; brushes and brooms; cameras and photographic equipment and supplies; wearing apparel; leather products and luggage, but not including tanning; products from such finished materials as plastic, bone, cork, feathers, felt, fiber, paper, glass, hair, horn, rubber, shell, or yarn.
(8) Research and testing facilities.
(9) An accessory use, building or structure.
(10) A sign, only in accordance with the regulations specified in article XXVI of this chapter.
(11) Essential services, as provided in section 36-65